Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Week 1 Down

Last week's training was pretty much my Cathe DVDs for both strength and cardio which I enjoy for a bit of a change. From now I will be focusing on trying to increase some muscle mass and have decided to do a 3 day split as that gives me the opportunity to get some cardio in on the other days. Saturdays will continue to be 'Super Saturday' as per the 12wbt. Super Saturday is just a longer session of 1 1/2 - 2 or 3 hours. As Missy T has soccer Saturday morning I'm unable to get to the gym therefore my training will be either DVDs, spin bike or footy field/outdoor.

My weight has spiked up today due to waaaaaay too many treats. Moo had her friend over for a sleepover and we made homemade pizza, apple tarts and, of course, had pancakes for breaky. Today I feel shaky and tired - my body really doesn't like eating like that anymore. As I said on our team forum, I think it might be an idea for me to pack my day's food for the weekend as well as through the week. Maybe if I have pre-prepped food I would be less likely to snack. I know it is boredom eating, not because I'm hungry. I did take some time to make some pumpkin soup to have in the freezer on days I don't feel like cooking.

Naturally, I've been thinking a lot about the next few months. My biggest concern with comp prep will be juggling my family commitments. My work hours have changed slightly since 2008, then I could get to the gym while the girls were at dancing which I no longer do. Plus the girls dance on different days. I'm sure I'll figure something out - it may mean giving Body Balance or Fitbox a miss for a little bit to give me some time with proper gym equipment like leg press and lat pulldown. Or another option is to have a rest day in the middle of the week and get to the gym on a Sunday. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

No comments: