Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Making a Comeback




The old abbadabbas are slowly making a comeback. The vein is starting to come out too which is pleasing.

This week has been a week of ups and downs. I have been sticking to my program and eating clean with what feels like very little progress. Those darn scales just aren't going the way they should and I get tired of making excuses for why the weight is not budging and I feel like I'm running out of time. Isn't funny how I had forgotten all about this part of comp prep? I guess the beauty of going through it before is that I know this system works and if I keep at it I will be stage ready at the right time.

Friday nights we usually have friends over for drinks and nibbles on the veranda. Now that I am fully into comp prep I have to make a few changes (that is, no more nibblies). Mal had the fabulous idea of having pizza using a recipe from the Michelle Bridges 12wbt Cookbook. Last night I had Middle Eastern Eggplant and Zucchini pizza. I haven't had it in awhile and had forgotten how tasty it is. My macros were a little out of whack yesterday but at least my calories were on target and more importantly, for the first time in a couple of days, I felt satisfied after eating dinner. I tell you, my hubby is an ideas man!

2 comments:

LizN said...

You're looking good - stay nice and consistent and I'll be seeing a "woot!" post Monday or Tuesday :)

Kek said...

Ooh, hello abs!

You're doing so well, Michelle - I seriously doubt I could DIY comp prep. I have way too many mental freak-out moments; I need someone sane to roll their eyes at me and tell me to shut the hell up and just get on with it. LOL