Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Woot!

This week's goal was to reach the low 50's and I was very pleased to see the scales reading 49.9 kg this morning so I not only reached my goal, I kicked that goal's arse!!! I think I need to play around with my macros a little as I was feeling a little bit flat this morning - I don't do so well with lower carbs - so I will experiment a bit over the next week.

I started falling into the trap of comparing myself to other people prepping for a comp the last couple of days. This is a silly little habit of mine that I need to let go. Reading other people's blogs is awesome as it motivates me and I find they are very inspirational but there are times when I allow myself to feel like I'm not doing enough to get stage ready. This is my issue not the authors of the blog but I sometimes find myself wondering if I should be training more often or changing my diet. I put a Chinese proverb on Twitter last week which was, “There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same.” I have chosen my path and I know it works for me. It keeps me sane and I can still function at work. I am limited to when I can train so I can only do the best I can. At the end of the day, I am a wife and mother and prepping for a comp will always come second to my family. This is about improving my physique from my last comp - I am competing against myself - and ultimately I don't really give a toss if I don't place, I'm just enjoying the journey :o)

5 comments:

Bebedores do Gondufo said...

Very good blog.

LizN said...

If I see you comparing, I will give that rapidly shrinking butt a swift kick. You set a goal this week, you did it your way and look where you are now.

Super :)

Kek said...

Nice work, Michelle - you're kicking goals alright!

Great point about the path to the top of the mountain. I think it's important to enjoy the journey, have some fun along the way. As you say it's not about winning, but it should be at least partly about having fun.

Charlotte Orr said...

Nice attitude Michelle - keep up the good work!

Magda said...

Hear hear Michelle. When I competed I had one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening on some but not all evenings. That evening hour also saw me with really low energy so training then wasnt stellar. I agree that family comes first and juggling that with the rigours of comp prep is challenging. You're doing a great job.