Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Woot!

This week's goal was to reach the low 50's and I was very pleased to see the scales reading 49.9 kg this morning so I not only reached my goal, I kicked that goal's arse!!! I think I need to play around with my macros a little as I was feeling a little bit flat this morning - I don't do so well with lower carbs - so I will experiment a bit over the next week.

I started falling into the trap of comparing myself to other people prepping for a comp the last couple of days. This is a silly little habit of mine that I need to let go. Reading other people's blogs is awesome as it motivates me and I find they are very inspirational but there are times when I allow myself to feel like I'm not doing enough to get stage ready. This is my issue not the authors of the blog but I sometimes find myself wondering if I should be training more often or changing my diet. I put a Chinese proverb on Twitter last week which was, “There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same.” I have chosen my path and I know it works for me. It keeps me sane and I can still function at work. I am limited to when I can train so I can only do the best I can. At the end of the day, I am a wife and mother and prepping for a comp will always come second to my family. This is about improving my physique from my last comp - I am competing against myself - and ultimately I don't really give a toss if I don't place, I'm just enjoying the journey :o)
Post a Comment