Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

See Ya On The Flipside

This will be my last post until after comp. We are leaving tomorrow for a weeks break at the Sunshine Coast and will commute to Brisbane on Saturday for registration and then again Sunday for the big day. It is going to be 'interesting' tanning and shaving down at a camp ground - I don't think we have ensuite sites - but we will manage.

I got my body fat % done yesterday and it came in as 13.8%. I guess it is a bit high but I am fairly happy with how I'm looking. Yes, I could lose a bit more from my legs but I think they look better than last time. On the plus side, I haven't lost any lean muscle mass since last time I got it done.

I have continued a progress journal on the Tom Venuto as I found it quite helpful during the challenge. Of course when you put everything out there (I have included my diet including calories and macros as well as all my training) you are going to get questions. Currently I'm consuming around 1000 calories a day, some days less, some days more. I have gotten a couple messages concerning how low my calories are as there seems to be a rule not to go under 1200 cals. I find it funny (and a little frustrating) that when doing the Michelle Bridges Challenge the rule there was to stick to 1200, preferrably less. No wonder people get confused when it comes to weight loss! Anyway, I've felt like I've had to justify what I'm doing. At the end of the day, this is what I've had to do to get the fat off. Sure I would love to be able to eat 2000 calories a day but this little bod can't get into comp shape that way. Anyway that's my little vent for the day.

I won't be on here until we get back from our hols but I am going to try and update Facebook and Twitter. See ya's later :)

5 comments:

Magda said...

good luck michelle

xx magda

Shar said...

GOOD LUCK MICHELLE!!!!

Oh and on the justifying, ou do not have to at all, you know what your doing and why and if people don't like it they shouldn't read.
There, take that people that are questioning ;)

It was greta sharing 14 weeks of your journey over on the TV site and Ive been following you here since we finished.

Shar x

Kek said...

People need to realise that you're only a teeny-tiny thing too, Michelle. So while 1000 Cals might be starvation rations for a girl who's pushing six feet, it may be exactly right for you.

Best of luck! Have a great time.

Nicole said...

Good luck Michelle and enjoy!!! Nicole xx

ss2306 said...

Best wishes crazy woman ;)