Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

What I Need To Learn

There are a few things that I have to learn - and I'm not sure if I ever will. I need to learn to ask and accept help when offered and do this without guilt. I need to accept that I have chosen to work fulltime which means that I won't be there to help backstage when the kids have rehearsals but I can and will be there when I can and cheer the loudest when they are doing their thing. I need to realise that there are days that I can't fit in my training and this is okay, it doesn't make me lazy or less committed to my fitness by taking a few days off. It's okay to grab takeaway when we are not getting home until late. I need to learn to not be so hard on myself ... I am not a failure for not living up to my own expectations of what a figure competitor should be during the off season. I'm someone who is doing the best she can.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Very true Michelle... I am trying to learn a few lessons myself, some slightly similiar...

LizN said...

Gosh , it's always a fine line and a balance isn't it? At the end of it it is what is best for you and your family that counts xox

Magda said...

Amen sister. There are a few of us taking that particular subject in the school of life.

Kek said...

One lesson I've learned: there's no such thing as perfect. Good thing perfection isn't required to achieve your goals. :)