Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflecting


Wow! What a year! I had a look back at what I hoped for this year ...

•spend quality time with the family. I think I need to take a leaf out of Raechelle's book and have a computer free Sunday.
I think I will always want to spend more time with the girls than I do.

•slow down. I feel as though we spent this year running from one social engagement to another. While it’s fantastic having a busy social life I need to realise it’s okay to say no and just stay home.
Hmmm … this will be a work-in-progress

•get better organised. I say this every year but seeing as Moo got a comment on her report card about her tardiness I really need to do something about it.
Weellll … the girls weren’t late that often this year, apart from that I think that this, too, is a work-in- progress

•compete again. I'm not sure about this one because as anyone with a family knows it’s a commitment that everyone in the family has to make. I am looking at the October comps and think I will train with that in mind and see where the cards fall a bit closer to then.
I was up in the air about this one at the start of the year but I can happily say that I have ticked this box. I feel as though I had improved my physique since last time and really enjoyed the experience second time around.

I have been really happy with how I have maintained since comp and am planning to continue to do so. Of course I have moments of feeling like a bloated cow but I'm sticking to the 50 kg mark (give or take), eating fairly clean (with a little bit of dirt) and enjoying training. I had said after the September comp that I would like to compete again in Masters but I don't think I have the drive to do it for the time being (that could always change though) and I am currently happy keeping fit just for the sake of keeping fit.

My main goal for 2011 is to look hot for my 40th in September. I have decided not to have a party but would rather go away and at the moment I am looking at Fiji purely because it is child-friendly. So, we will be saving our pennies and training hard until then :o)

On that note, I hope everyone has an awesome New Year! See you in 2011!!!

3 comments:

Magda said...

Hey Michelle. Awesome year when you look back at it!

We went to Castaway Island in Fiji in 2008 when Mitchell was 6 years old. It was fantastic. THey have a great kids club and everybody had a great time, as we went with our extnnded family.

ss2306 said...

I can recommend Bali and Sanur Paradise Plaza suites for a family holiday :)

Happy New Year chickadee.

Competing again? Are you fucking nuts? (hahaha)

Kristy said...

Happy New Year Michelle, great review :)

Fiji is fantastic, I loved it...