Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Back In The Gym

I have been told the girls new schedule for dancing this year. Both of them do 3 disciplines of dance; tap, jazz and ballet which has resulted in 4 days of dance between the 2 of them. The best part of this is that on 2 of those days the finishing time is around 6 pm. Late, I know, but it gives me the opportunity to get to the gym! YAY!!! I'm just a little bit excited about this. Like so many people I train just that little bit harder when I'm around other gym-goers - I seem to feed off the energy of everyone else plus I would hate to seem like I'm 'dogging it' in my workouts (of course, people are checking out what weights I'm using ... yeah, right!!)

The only downside is that I have to go after work when, it seems, the rest of Gladstone like to train. Using 2 pieces of equipment or a circuit type workout is a no-go and the reaction I get from people when I ask if I can work in with them on a piece of equipment is priceless. I think the benefits will outweigh the negatives though and I'm looking forward to including leg presses and heavier squats back into my routine.

2 comments:

Shar said...

Funny What excites us mums Mish!
Before Freddy I used to use the time Maddi was at Gymnastics to either teach a class or go for a run, now I have Freddy, then another soon, but I know the feeling when you find some time to do something for you.

xxx

LizN said...

Great to see you blogging chick - I was about to go and get my evil cattle prod onto you :)