Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Done and Dusted

I survived getting the photos done. I was terribly nervous and full of self-doubt with thoughts of "I'm not pretty enough", "Look at all that cellulite", blah, blah, blah. If this was to hang up in my own home I wouldn't have been so concerned but the photographer is doing an exhibition at the Art Gallery for all to see and then a copy is going into a time capsule to be opened in 100 years time. Pressure, much?? Anyway, I channelled my inner oompa-loompa and tanned up, feasted on waaaaay too many jelly beans, pumped up and hoped to God that I looked semi-decent in my comp bikini (that I still adore) and hooker heels. We tried a couple of different poses but focused on the front double-bicep, nothing says strength like that pose and when we picked the best of the bunch I was really happy with the photo. As Mal pointed out, my upper body looks fuller and more muscular, my abba-dabbas are still looking good and with the smoke and mirrors of tanning, oil and positioning my legs weren't too shabby either. To think, not that long ago I most probably wouldn't have had the confidence to agree to something like that.

4 comments:

Shar said...

How exciting Michelle, well done and I bet you looked stunning.

Are we gonna get a peak?

xx

Unknown said...

She will be giving me a disc with the photos after the opening, hopefully she won't copyright them and I can post them on here.

Kristy said...

Wow how exciting Michelle :)

Can't wait to see the photos!

LizN said...

would love to see, I'm sure you turned out just beautifully!