Pages

Sunday, February 06, 2011

The Simple Things

As I said in my previous post, yesterday's workout was one that I got from Liz awhile back. It is called her 'El Basico Leg and Ab workout'. Today I'm reminded how the effective the simple things are as I am suffering a nice little case of DOMS - and I didn't really work to my full capacity. When doing the 12wbt, Mish would talk about 'paralysis by analysis' which I guess is similar to the KISS principle. Sometimes it is easy to over complicate things and get paralysed by too much information when the basics work just fine.

I bought Michelle Bridges new book yesterday and am thinking of following the layout of the program in the book which is the same as her 12wbt program. I like alternating my cardio and weights days plus she has a day dedicated to stretching. It is a program that I know I can fit into my lifestyle.

On another note, I am heading down to Brissy this week to catch up with my sister and her family. My sissy, niece and I are going to Wicked on Wednesday night which should be great. Can't wait :o)

2 comments:

Kek said...

Yeah, sometimes less is more. ;)

I'm going back to basics at the moment and it's still kicking my arse.

Magda said...

Yep me too. On top of my running I'm doing 2 short upper body weights sessions each week. Back and tris one day, then chest, shoulders and bis on another. Just using really basic exercises and each session takes 30 mins but I usually have trouble lifting my arms afterwards so I know I've trained well.