Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Finding the Right Fit

When I went back to work 6 months after having Moo my friends asked me how I did it. How did I juggle work and being a Mum. It was tough and I felt as though I wasn't doing anything well. I was a jack of all trades but a master of none. There are times where I feel like that with regard to my fitness. I don't see myself as a 'hard-core' figure competitor as I have too much going on in my life to totally focus on it. I try my best but it really isn't enough to be competitive - and I'm okay with that as I am being the best version of me. I don't want to run marathons and triathlons are out as I'm not a strong swimmer. I guess I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in the fitness world. I'll continue to be a jack of all trades and dabble in my weights, a bit of running and aerobics but not commit to anything. Sorry for the ramble, I'm just trying to figure stuff out in my head.

3 comments:

Kek said...

As long as you're having fun, Michelle, who cares? I'm not super-serious about any one thing either, and I'm OK with that.

;)

Magda said...

I totally get that. At least you dabble in a bit of everything and therefore boast a level of health and fitness that the average Australian woman your age doesnt. Just take a look arounf at the overweight and obese that are forever growing in numbers and know that what you're doing is right.

M

The Stark's said...

Being good at lots of little things adds up to being great in life :).

It doesn't matter what you do as long as you enjoy it and it makes you feel good.

You're a superstar - serious about the things most important to you - family and friends.