Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Goal Setting Time

I've signed up for another round of the 12wbt as there is part of me that feels like I didn't really give it everything last round.  Life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes and exercise was  not my main focus last round.  Anyway, I'm back and ready to smash it. 

We are currently in pre-season and this week's task is all about goal setting.  I normally struggle with this one and I feel like most of my goals are pretty wishy-washy but this round I have a couple that I'm really keen to reach.  The first one I'm nicking from the lovely Marion, yep, I want to be able to do the splits.  This is something I can also do with the girls as the extra stretching will only help their dancing.  The other one is to do a beginners duathlon.  One of the girls from the Gladstone 12wbt group suggested it and I think it is a great idea.  The long course is a 5 km run, 24 km bike ride and then a 2 km run.  There is also a short course as well as triathlons.  I initially thought about doing the short course (1km run/14 km ride/2 km run) but I figured I should challenge myself and do the long course instead.  I decided not to do the triathlon as I think I would need some swimming lessons for which I really don't have the time.  The other benefit is that a few of us are doing it ... GIRL TRIP!  I am going to have to think about how to fit in my training around the L&S program and try and get some bike rides and running in somehow.  The other thing I need to do is get myself a half decent bike.  My current Big W special isn't that great; I had some old dude fly past me on my ride home from work on Friday and I was pedalling my little heart out.  It should be fun and it is nice to steer away from goals that are based on physique/appearance.

1 comment:

Kek said...

Ooh, duathlon! What a great goal. And what a great excuse for a new bike. :)