Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tag! I'm It!

I’ve been tagged by Liz at Last Chance Training – to share a few random facts, answer a few questions, and best of all, ask a few.  Sometimes it’s nice to know some nonsense behind the blog.

Here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. you must post 11 random things yourself.
3. answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
4. cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
5. go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. no stuff in the tag­ging
7. don’t talk about the fightclub

OK, here goes – 11 Random Things About Me
1.  I have a rep amongst my friends at being really good at music trivia.  We often sit around listening to the radio or stereo trying to figure out when a song was released and I manage to get it right.

2.  Still on the music theme ... I have a habit of connecting anything to lyrics of a song.  My girls will say something and I will break out into song which really annoys them.

3.  Using Liz's car theme, my first car was a 1962 Toyota 700 and, yes, it had a name too.  I named it Alvin as it was brown and cream and reminded me of a chipmunk.  I loved that car and often wish I had kept it.

4.  I suck at all thing sporting.  I can't catch, throw, run or do any gymnastics so I think it is a bit of a surprise to all my family that I'm a fitness fanatic.

5.  My hubby loves cricket and will watch every test or limited over match.  I can't stand it but when he's not around I will turn it on just to have it in the background.

6.  I always read the last page before I'm finished a book.  I need to know how it finishes.

7.  I wanted to be a zoologist when I grew up and then I went to uni and realised there weren't that many jobs out there for zoologists and switched to chemistry.

8.  My first name is Nerida which is an Aboriginal name meaning flower.  Nobody calls me by that with the exception of my brother who does it just to annoy me.

9.  I have 2 tattoos.  A dolphin on my ankle and a tribal lion on my belly/hip.  I would love to get another but I'm not sure what to get.

10.  I used to have my belly button pierced but it grew out when I was pregnant with Missy T.  Now I have scar tissue there so I didn't think I could get it pierced again.

11.  I really struggle finding 11 random things about myself.

Here are my 11 questions:
1)  Morning or evening person
Morning .... years of having to get up at the crack-of-arse to get to work has trained me to get up early.

2)  How long does it take you to get ready in the mornings?
I'm up at 5 to get to work by 9, but I do go for a walk and train in the morning!  It takes me about an hour to get ready for work.

3)  What’s your weekly grocery bill?
I had to check because Hubby does the groceries. $200 - 250?

4)  How much of your grocery bill is whole foods?
Not as much as it should be as Hubby does the groceries.

5)  Your opinion of daylight savings?
I guess I haven't really experienced it enough to really form a good idea but I hated it when we had the trial in Qld years ago.  I like getting up and it's light outside.

6)  Mac or PC?
PC

7)  Grab your IPOD and hit “shuffle” – what’s the first song that comes up?  Is it a favourite or so so?
Rumour has it/Someone Like You Glee Mash Up (yes, I'm a Gleek!)

8)   Your favourite blog of the moment?
I have too many to mention

9)  Favourite pizza topping?
Our homemade pizza with everything on it.  Olives are a must.

10)  Proudest moment lately?
Nutting out how to connect my phone and tablet so I can access the internet on my tablet ... it's the little things :)

11)  Your favourite physical activity?
It changes constantly but I always love lifting heavy things up and putting them back down again.

For Sandra:

1. Cat or dog lover? I love my dog Mossy, but my cat, Ashika, is my baby.

2. Favourite ice-cream flavour? Vanilla with chocolate Quik on it.

3. How many siblings do you have? 2

4. Celebrity crush? Hugh Jackman.

5. Would you rather go to the movies or hire a DVD and stay home? Go to the movies, preferably Gold Room

6. Where were you born? Gladstone

7. Do you believe in love at first sight? No

8. Lorna Jane or Target? LJ

9. Favourite movie? I love so many, Grease, O Brother Where Art Thou, Dirty Dancing, Lost Boys

10. Did you watch Kate and Will's wedding? I refused to and then ended up watching the whole thing.

11. Do you have an inspirational quote that you keep coming back to? There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
I don't know who to tag!

5 comments:

Magda said...

Hands off Hugh Michelle. He's MINE!!

Charlotte Orr said...

I'm similar to you Michelle. Rob loves watching the rugby but I'm not fussed about it. When he's not home though, I'll have it on in the background. It kind of reminds me of him.

Sandra said...

Hey Michelle! It seems Hugh is a popular guy...I have to admit it's a close call for me between him and Sting...:-)

Unknown said...

Yes, it does seem there are a few of us who have to fight over him :o)

Amanda said...

That's absolutely BRILLIANT!! But I CANNOT believe you read the last page of a book before you finish? *cue scream* lol A really fun post! (and best of luck with 12wbt - I'll be back to read how you're getting on)

Symphony
http://www.putthekettleon.org