Pages

Friday, February 03, 2012

Random Stuff

It has been ages since I've posted anything - slack-o, aren't I?  I've had a bit of an up-and-down kind of week.  Training has been pretty good ... I'm working on getting some strength back after losing the plot over the Christmas break.  I was doing a program from the net.  I don't know what I was thinking because I don't have a particularly good record with those as I tend to get bored.  This one was pretty good but it got a bit complicated, my main problem was that it was set up for the gym environment which isn't so great when you train predominantly from home.  The other issue was 6 days of weight training ... I like to be able to fit in yoga and cardio so it is back to basics for me.

I have noticed that several peeps that did Lean and Strong last round are taking it to the next level and prepping for comps (mainly sports modelling).  While I'm excited for them I think I have realised that I'm done with all that.  I loved both my preps and I think I handled it okay but the thought of dieting for comp and the constant stress of not being lean enough.  I don't miss that at all.

2 comments:

Magda said...

Amen re: comp prep. Whilst its nice to be leaning out and the muscle size and tone to be showing through, for me the cost outweighs the benefit. And 6 days of weight training!!?? I'm with you - there needs to be cardio and yoga in there too.

:-) M

Kek said...

You know I LOVE my weights. But there's no way I'd do six days. Most I've ever done is four. At the moment I'm doing two and it's getting me good results.

It's never about the volume. Quality, not quantity. :)