Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Some Positivity

I feel like I've been a bit whingy lately, particularly in the forums and the L&S FB page.  I don't like being 'that' person so have decided to look at the positive side of things in this post.  I have loved the 12wbt program and I have met some awesome people during the last couple of rounds.  A lot of people have gone onto different programs since the end of last round and I've enjoyed following their progress.  Some have gone onto compete or are prepping for upcoming comps, others are focusing on being fit for life and it is fantastic to be surrounded by like-minded people, even if it virtual.

I feel truly grateful for my other 'online fitness family'.  When the meltdowns happen, the advice from people who aren't part of the challenge is invaluable.  There are those times when you start to believe the hype and to have outside people around helps to keep me grounded.

This also applies to the people above as most of you have been through my comp preps but I have realised how awesome my comp preps were.  The reason I didn't fall into a big heap afterward was due to my prep.  When I read what other people are doing to get stage ready ... wow, I was lucky.

I set myself a goal of being in the top 3 transformations for Lean and Strong, I have come to realise that it wouldn't be achieved BUT I have realised that I don't want to 'get ripped'.  I just want to be healthy and enjoy my exercise.  I love pushing myself hard but I want to do it for me.  I love having a healthy diet because it makes me feel good not because I want to win a prize in a competition.  I had been thinking that I had done one round too many but I guess I have learnt this over this round so it wasn't a total bust.

3 comments:

Kek said...

You weren't LUCKY with your comp prep; you were SMART. ;)

Unknown said...

I was lucky that I found Liz. People trust their trainers and I think I would have just thought that that was the way it was done. In saying that, I did stalk Liz for awhile before I signed up with her and loved her methods. ;-)

Unknown said...

I have personally come to the same conclusion about being fit over winning competitions. I have a little bit of regret over it, but feel very smart about it. Maybe even wise.

:-) Marion