Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Essay Done and Reflections

It's all over bar the shouting.  I've written my essay and taken my after photographs and submitted it today.  If you want to see the pics you can see them here.  Despite everything I'm happy with how they turned out.  I wonder what they will think of my essay as I went into the fact that I pressured myself into wanting to win because I felt like maintenance wasn't 'sexy' enough.  Not sure how it will go down but, oh well. 

I initially joined the 12wbt to give me a program to follow which required very little thinking on my behalf and would challenge me physically.  It did that and I managed to gain a little bit of muscle along the way which I'm pretty pleased with.  I also hit a couple of PBs - 15 kg dumbbell press - WOOT!  I have also managed to win a few good prizes ... I have to say that my George Foreman Steamer was the best win, even Hubby loves the steamed veggies.  And I have met some fantastic people along the way which expanded my fitness network.  Overall, it has been a good experience and I have learnt quite a bit about myself too .

1 comment:

Magda said...

Michelle, you finished what you started even when you were disillusioned with your progress and your anticipated results. That is commendable. Just remember, when you're already in pretty good shape at the start of a 'transformation' its hard to get an outstanding, winning result. Improvement at that stage is slow and relatively unnoticeable :-(

Great job though.