Pages

Monday, July 09, 2012

On My Way Back

I've been in the doldrums lately.  Both my training and eats have been sporadic with glimpses of greatness and then I fall into a heap. I think this is a normal slump after a challenge and I need to figure out how to get myself out of it without the knee-jerk reaction of heading straight into another challenge.  I need to trust myself.  I am filling myself with the self-talk of "I can't do this on my own" and "I only do well when I'm following someone else's program".  I am stopping this right now. I have learnt so much over the years and I know my body - I can do this by myself..

I think, too, that I need to get back to what works best for me.  As much as it's a struggle to get out of bed during the cooler weather, I need to get back to training in the morning.  I had started training in the afternoons as I could get to the gym while the girls were at dancing but I'm best if I get my workout done early and I don't have to worry about it again.  It also sets me up for a better day at work as I'm in a better mood.

With that in mind I started a new Crack of Arse challenge week (didn't I just say I wasn't going to start a challenge).  This morning was a walk and then squats using my new squat stands, chin ups and some stretches.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel this same way.

:-) Marion

Liz N said...

Hi Michelle,
You might be seeking connection more than challenge. The problem with you and the program you were on is that you're a bit smarter than most. Great for newbies, but not so exciting for the evolved.
xx

Unknown said...

Nice to know I'm not alone Marion :-)

Unknown said...

As usual you are most probably right Liz :-)

I have a few FB groups that I'm involved in but I'm also at a different stage to most of the people in them, meaning that I just want to be fit and not be so retrictive with my diet. I think that is why I enjoy Crossfit because I'm connecting with other people.

Cheers
M :-)