Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

I'm Back!

This year has been a bit of a struggle for me.  As much as I love doing challenges I spent a large amount of time during and after feeling like no matter how hard I tried it was never enough.  I have surrounded myself online with some amazing people.  People who are achieving astounding things whether it be competing in Olympic lifting, placing in marathons or bodybuilding competitions.  While it is inspirational I sometimes feel like I'm an underachiever.

Last night I had a shift in my mindset.  My workout was called 'Nicole' which involved 20 min AMRAP 400 m run and pull-ups to failure.  By my third round of 400 m I wanted to walk rather than run, my lungs were in my throat and I wanted to back off but I put my head down and pushed on.  My running was the Cliffy Young Shuffle but at least I didn't give in.  I'm bloody proud of my workout last night, I didn't do the most reps nor did I run the fastest but I kept going and it felt awesome :-)
Post a Comment