Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Doing Alright

Another round of the 12wbt is about to start and it has made me realise that I'm doing pretty well with regard to my health and fitness.  No, scrap that, I'm kicking arse!  Is it a sign of a good program when you realise that you can do it on your own?  To me, the 12wbt was a cheap program that had everything laid out for me and took out a lot of the thinking.  I adjusted the nutrition to suit my needs but followed the training religiously.  It was perfect for me as I had the experience and no longer needed someone to hold my hand.  Since not rejoining Round 2 and 3 this year I have been plagued with self-doubt, thinking that I prefer and need to be told what to do each day. I now realise that I got all that I could from the program and am comfortable with my decision to move on.

I love what I'm doing now and I'm moving forward with each workout.  I get to Crossfit 2 - 3 times a week and on the other days I train at home.  I usually look at the website and some days I follow the WOD because more often than not I will be training a similar muscle group.  Other days I do my own thing.  I still incorporate a yoga/stretching day as my 41 year old body needs it and I still walk Mossy most days as both he needs the exercise and I need that time to enjoy the outdoors and prepare for the day ahead.  I know to listen to my body and some days I lower the weights and work on technique, other days I give it everything I can.  I have learnt the importance of stretching and preparing my body for the workout ahead.  I used to be a shocker for not warming up prior to my workouts but a few months of visiting a physio for a tight piriformis has made me realise I need to take that time before I train.

The best thing is that my fitness community continues to expand.  There is nothing like the camaraderie of people that share a passion for something.

1 comment:

Magda said...

amen!