Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

I'm One Of 'Those' People

For Time:
1 Clean & Jerk – 70kg/50kg
1 Round of Cindy
2 Clean & Jerk - 70kg/50kg
1 Round of Cindy
3 Clean & Jerk - 70kg/50kg
1 Round of Cindy
etc: Until
10 Clean & Jerk - 70kg/50kg
1 Round of Cindy
 
(Cindy: 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats)
 
Yes, I have become one of 'those' people - I am slowly and surely becoming Crossfit obsessed and will most probably talk about my workouts waaaaaaaay too much.  I can't help myself!  LOL!
 
Anyway, last night's WOD was the above.  Obviously the above weights were RXD which I was nowhere near.  This was one that I really thought about before starting with regard to my scaling.  It can sometimes be a tough balance between going too easy or too hard, particularly with high volume workouts like these.  I like to be challenged but I also want to be safe and be able to finish the workout.  The thing I love about my Crossfit box and the coaches there is they are of a similar mindset and I have been talked into scaling options for that very reason.  It's not in anyone's interest (the Crossfit box or the participant) for someone to get injured due to poor form.
 
My scaling options for this workout was: 15 kg barbell for the clean and jerk, jumping pull ups, knee pushups.  It was tough and took me just over 18 minutes (I think 18:21 from memory) to complete it but, to be honest, I think I could have had a little bit more weight on the bar or perhaps used a band for my pull ups.  Mind you, I often think that at the end of a workout, never halfway through!  LOL!

3 comments:

Magda said...

Hi Michelle,

a request, if I may.

Would you please do a post that explains some of the Crossfit language eg: the Crossfit box, RXD, 'for time'. I understand WOD and scaling but am bamboozled by the rest.

Thanks

Magda

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! Oh, I love your enthusiasm. I feel the same way at the gym.

:-) Marion

Jardan said...

Awesome work Michelle! ;)