Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Hi! My Name Is Michelle ...

... and I'm a procrastinator.  I have this bad habit of putting off things that I really don't want to do.  Look at me now; I'm blogging instead of working!  Normally I'm okay with it but then there are times when it catches up with me and sends me into a tailspin.  This week is one of those times.  It's Missy T's birthday and she wants a couple of her girlfriends over for a play/sleep over.  I don't have a problem with that except that the house looks like a bomb has hit it and the yard is, well I'm not even going into how the yard looks.

I've tried several things over the years: Flylady, Organised Housewife etc. but they never seem to stick.  I find it hard to squeeze in those extra few minutes a day through the week and the times I have tried to keep the house tidy I turn around and the 3 other cyclones that live in the house have messed it up again.  I wonder why I bother.

Anyway, the kidlets are on notice.  No tidy house, no sleepover.  Here's hoping it works.

2 comments:

Kek said...

You're not alone, Mich. I love a tidy, clean and organised house and yet... mine never is any of those things.

I figure there are only so many hours in my days and quite honestly, no matter how much I desire neatness and serenity in my surroundings, there are just more important things to do with my time.

My solution? I'm going to get myself a fortnightly cleaning service (I'm too stingy to pay for it weekly). Surely I can manage to keep things reasonably tidy if I don't have to do most of the actual cleaning as well? Good theory, anyway. We'll see...

Unknown said...

I have a cleaner come once a fortnight ... it's the best money I have ever spent. Shame our house looks like a mess 5 minutes after entering the house.