Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm Not A Runner

Saturday's WOD:

For Time:
Partner WOD
Running Angie
100 Pull Ups
400m Run
100 Push Ups
400m Run
100 Sit Ups
400m Run
100 Squats
400m Run
*only one partner working on the exercises at one time. Do the run together.
 
Something I say constantly is that I'm not a runner.  I'm not fast and my running style is a bit of a running (parden the pun) joke amongst family and friends.  Normally I would see the above workout and whinge and whine about having to run.  I have decided that I'm not going to go into workouts with a negative mindset anymore.  I CAN run and I WILL run.  I was proud of this workout because my partner and I didn't stop, we ran every step.  I think having a partner pushes me that little bit harder too as I didn't want to let her down but it always amazes me how a positive attitude can affect the outcome.  Instead of finishing saying how much I hate running I finished saying how much I loved the workout.


4 comments:

Magda said...

Hi Michelle,

(running) is not about style. Its about putting one foot in front of the other FAST. Errr, everyone CAN do it (albeit some better than others). I'm a pathetic runner but I wont entertain the "I cant do it" mentality and nor should you with your training and fitness background. Leave those thoughts for those who would genuinely find it very hard.

xx m

Unknown said...

Again, you are so right Magda.

I have formed a habit of indulging in the 'I can't do it' mentality and I'm slowly learning to put a lid on it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magda said...

Good on you. I'm in awe of what you can do and although you think you have an "I cant do it mentality" you're always giving something a go.