Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Power of Advertising

I feel like I'm getting slowly sucked in.  It's the power of advertising and curiosity is getting the better of me.  I have been getting emails advertising the next round of the 12wbt and the promise of new recipes with healthy chocolate cake and cocktails for the Christmas season coming up on my FB feed is wearing me down.  You know what they said about curiosity ... it killed the cat!

I'm tempted to sign up for another round and I'm going through the same old things in my head as I did previous times.  I'll do it better this round, I'll follow it to the letter and aim for a top 3 finish, I'll try to get my hubby and the kids more involved and see if we can get fit as a family, blah, blah, blah ...

And then they announced this round's (Round 3) prizes.  As the program gets bigger so do the prizes and I start to daydream .... wouldn't it be nice ...

Oh, and did I mention the finale is in Brisbane?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great program but at the same time it has taken me from the end of Round 1 to now to recover from my last go at it. After each round I get that feeling like I have failed ... particularly when I compare (I can't help myself) with other before and after pics.  At the end of the day, I don't have much to transform both physically and mentally AND that's a good thing.  I don't believe the program has any more to offer to me except maybe a handful of recipes.  I wouldn't be following the training as I love what I am doing now and I don't think I have ever followed the diet for any length of time.

I'm in such a better place mentally without the program.  I don't want to get bogged down in weights, measurements, body fat percentages and calories.  It did my head in and I doubt I could do the program without looking on the forums.  I need to be strong and not sign up ... all I can say is Mish, you are a bloody good business woman.

6 comments:

Liz N said...

Ha, I must have been getting the same thing in my feeds as well. I think it's the social aspect I'm after - I wouldn't follow the menu plan or the exercise program either - would be a complete waste of money!

Magda said...

Well as Mich knows I signed up for the current round but by the time it came around to starting I was in a really good place with both my diet and training so following the old adage "if it aint broke, dont fix it" I just kept doing what I was doing. I've realised, its not for me,

The Stark's said...

Two words, "TRUST YOURSELF!"

Unknown said...

It would be a total waste of money for me too. And I already have the social aspect covered so I wouldn't be in it for that either ... it would be a couple of recipes that I wouldn't use that often. And if I want chocolate fudge cake with icecream I would rather the 'real deal' rather than a low fat version anyway ... I'm never a fan of 'diet' treats.

Cherub said...

I think this program is like a friend.

Some come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

Sounds like it might be time to let go.

Unknown said...

You are right Claire. Time to let go.