Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

A Happy Place

On Saturday morning I posted this on the L&S FB page.  There is a lot of chatter on there regarding body fat %, scale weights, calories in vs calories out.  It does my head in.  As I haven't done the program for a few rounds people don't know my background and I wanted to show them where I have come from and where I am now.

Firstly, I want to say that I'm proud of my achievements. I loved the process of competing but once I got off the stage I started picking myself apart.  I had too much fat on my legs and my upper body leaned out too much.  There are times when I haven't been able to even look at my comp photos.  Despite being the leanest I have ever been I still wasn't happy ... it just wasn't enough.

As you can see I finished with a recent photo.  I'm in a much better place.  I don't have ripped abs or a quad sweep but my body is perfect ... it allows me to lift weights, run and jump.  I want to show people that my worth isn't dependant on what a number says on a set of scales.  The fact that I don't have a 6 pack doesn't mean I'm a bad or lazy person, it doesn't mean that I'm less disciplined than the me who competed.  I want to make these people understand that.  I was saying to my friend yesterday though that maybe they need to go through the process to get through to where I am now.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I love all the photos Michelle, but especially the natural photos of you as you are... I am so glad that you have come to be in a happy place :)

Unknown said...

To be honest, the last photo was my favorite. You look super great, plus you're happy. :D

:-) Marion

Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies :)

Marion, the last one is my favourite too.