Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Helen Revisited

Today we revisted the benchmark workout 'Helen'.  The WOD is:

Helen
3 Rounds for Time:
Run 400m
21 KB Swings 24kg/16kg
12 Pull Ups
My scaling was 12 kg and using the green band for pull ups.  Scaling was pretty important as we had a 15 minute cut off so there was no time to rest in between reps.  I would have liked to have tried a purple band today but, in hindsight, I'm glad I chose the green band.
I did this workout at home last time it came up which makes it a little difficult to compare my times.  I only have a 6 kg kettlebell at home and I didn't run the 400 m but instead ran our street which is around 100 m I think but has a nasty hill.  My time then was 13:35 and this time it was 13:50 which I'm pretty happy with as my kettlebell was twice the weight and I used the band instead of jumping pull ups.

No comments: