Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Holidays and Stuff

I have been on holidays for the last week.  It has been nice to just chill out with the girls at home and get some things done.  I bought the girls some desks and new bookshelves and have moved around their rooms a little which has been a little painful but it has given us a chance to have a clean out.

I'm enjoying being able to get to CrossFit everyday as well as my PT sessions with Jardan.  I have really noticed an improvement and have hit some PBs along the way.  I have been trying to eliminate the "c" word from my vocabulary ... yep, the "can't" word ... but it makes an appearance every now and then.  Today was a gymnastics WOD and my little conditioned brain went into overdrive, filling my head with the fact that I have never been good at gymnastics and therefore I wouldn't be able to do it.  When it came time to do 'walking dips' where you push yourself onto even bars, dip, walk with your hands to the end of the bar, dip and walk back, my mind went "yeah, nah!"  I didn't even attempt it as I was flat out just holding myself up on the darn bars.  After the class I went home disappointed that I didn't even try and I had let myself down.

Now that I have had time to process it, I realise that it was a pretty advanced move and, like so many things, as I learn more of the skills required I will do improve next time and considering I was struggling to hold myself in one place I shouldn't feel bad about not being able to do the next progression ... I left my ego at the door and conceded that I was unable to do it and there is no shame in doing that.

No comments: