Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Jackie

Today was another benchmark workout, Jackie. 

Jackie
For Time:
Row 1000m
50 Thrusters 20kg/15kg
30 Pull Ups

Yet another workout that made me dig deep and fight those inner voices that told me to give up.  Prior to the workout we were given the option to modify our reps and I really considered it.  Those 50 thrusters terrified me but then I committed myself to doing the full amount of reps.

We had to do the workout in waves as we only have 4 rowers and I was put into the last wave with another person.  It's tough to have to wait around until it's your turn but it gave me a chance to think about strategy.  I know it sounds crazy but in these workouts there has to be some method to the madness and I like to set myself some mini-goals of getting so many reps in a row.  Unfortunately, that kind of went out the window when I did my first 10 - 20 thrusters.  I was lucky that one of the coaches talked me through them and broke them down to 3 sets of 3 and then 1 with a rest in between.  The pull ups were much the same and I am eternally grateful for a couple of the coaches who stuck around to push me through with a time of 13:22.  I was pretty proud of this workout.

I seem to have turned a corner with my training lately.  I don't know if it's because I'm fitter and therefore can push myself that little harder or I've had a mindset shift but something has changed and I am finding that I am mentally stronger than I was a couple of months ago.  Whatever it is, I'm loving it :-)

2 comments:

Liz N said...

That jackie sounds like a real cow!

Unknown said...

Oh, she's a bitch Liz ... just like all the other CrossFit girls.

It feels good when I'm done though :-)