Pages

Friday, February 08, 2013

Oh! Oh! Oh! It's Magic!

There are a few girls at the box that I size myself up against.  They are my rabbits that I chase, they are just ahead of me but not so far that they are impossible to catch.  I often check the times and weights of everyone from the previous days workout, just to gauge how I'm going.  I also use their numbers to figure out my scaling if they train before me or I ask them if we are at the same session.

Last night we did another hero WOD.  It was:

"Jerry"
For time:
Run 1 mile
Row 2K
Run 1 mile

Have I mentioned recently that I hate running and rowing?  LOL!  I was dreading this one as my legs were still fried from the previous day and I noticed on the board when I got to the gym that quite a few people in the morning's session did half.  Phew!  I could scale it!

We were split into groups and then the big question was asked.  Who was going to do it as prescribed?  Most of us were hesistant and then Benito gave us a gentle push and a few decided to RX'd.  My 'rabbits' were among them as was another girl who I knew I was slightly fitter than ... if these girls were game then surely I could survive the workout as well.  It wasn't half as bad as what I thought it was going to be.  I set my own pace and didn't try to keep up with anyone else and I had the added bonus of seeing one of my training partners RX'd her very first workout ... I was so proud of her!  We then both went on to getting PBs on our shoulder presses.  Sometimes we need that push to move out of our comfort zones, but the picture is right ... that's where the magic happens!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome post, Michelle! The story is a good one. Yes, fitness magic happens pretty far out of the comfort zone. But when it does happen, nothing is better.

:-) Marion

Unknown said...

Too right Marion :)