Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Struck By A Smooth Criminal

I barely survived last night's workout.  It was a really tough one that no words can describe but I got through it.  I was lucky to have a lenient partner who accepted a few wall balls that would have been no-repped by one of the coaches.  Even though it was a hard workout I much prefer the 21/15/9 rep range formula than a straight 'however many rounds for time' because once I get through the 21 reps I know it is going to get easier and the last round flies by.  I wasn't esctatic about my time (I think it was 26:45) as I was one of the slower people in my wave but at the same time I was happy that I got the workout done.  I also have to remind myself that, while I don't use it as an excuse, I'm also one of the more 'mature' people at the box ... it can be hard to keep up with all these young 'uns.

As we ran over time I didn't have a lot of time to recover after the workout as I had to pick the girls up from dancing.  You know it's a hard workout when other dance mums and the dance teacher ask if you are alright ... I must have looked pretty terrible and I know I didn't smell pretty because Moo made me put more deodorant on before I got back in the car.  Anyway I survived!

No comments: