Pages

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Another Open Practice Workout

Today's workout was from 2011 again:

Games Open 11.2
As many rounds and reps as possible in 15 minutes:-
9 Deadlift, 70kg (45kg)
12 Pushups
15 Box Jump, 24″ (20″)
 
Doing today's workout really put my mind at ease.  I'm not sure why as I had to scale every element but, for me, it was a great feeling to survive a WOD that has been part of a games and it seemed a little less daunting than the Open workout we did last week.  I was also incredibly happy with my score of 10 rounds + 3 deadlifts ... I felt like I was keeping the intensity up as much as I could.  I maintained my plate height from last week as I didn't want to chance being no-repped too often but I don't feel like I'm pushing myself that hard with them, perhaps it's time to increase the height again.  I was having a laugh to myself as my first rep was my practice rep ... for some reason I couldn't jump with 2 feet but once I get into the groove I have no problems.  The positive was that by the 8th round (!) I was getting it first go.
 
It was great to have a bit of a discussion regarding the Open prior to the workout as well.  It made me feel a whole lot better about having to scale as it seems like we can still log our scores but RXd athletes will be given priority over scaled athletes therefore it sounds like the scaled athletes are in a secondary competition.  Also, we discussed some of the movement requirements.  The standards with some of the moves have changed slightly so it is important to know what is expected.  The great thing is that our coaches are so strict with form that we are up with what is required.
 
All-in-all another good day at the box :-)

No comments: