Pages

Thursday, March 07, 2013

What If


It's 2 1/2 hours until the CrossFit Open WOD gets announced.  I have no patience so I can see that I will be unbearable leading up to the announcement.  LOL!

I remember doing a training course a few years ago and the presenter had a saying, "don't argue scenarios."

With regard to these workouts, I have had a case of the 'what ifs'.  What if the first workout is something like burpee box jumps?  I wouldn't be able to score in the very first workout of the open which would be a disaster (sorry, I love all those reality TV shows like Masterchef etc where every little thing that goes wrong is a disaster.  Is it ever that bad?)  There is no point in arguing the scenarios as they haven't happened yet.  Why worry about something that I have no control over?  'What ifs' are a waste of energy.  I will treat it like a normal workout and do the best I possibly can; if I have to scale, I have to scale.  Afterall, it's me against me.

No comments: