Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How Crossfit Has Changed Me

Today I entered into an online discussion regarding body shape.  I won't go into the guts of the discussion but it made me realise that I have come a long way since starting CrossFit last year with regard to body image.  I spent a large part of my 20s and 30s hating my body, I would look in the mirror and be disgusted at the sight of my saddlebags and my big booty.  I'm classic pear shape and I felt like that was a flaw that I needed to fix.  Even when competing I was still bottom heavy ... I couldn't escape my genetics no matter what I did.

Over the last year I have realised it doesn't matter, actions matter.  CrossFit has made me realise my potential and that has nothing to do with what I look like.  I am learning to love my body and its shape.  I love the fact that what I thought was a flawed body can lift and run and jump (not very high but it can do it).  My body is perfect.
Post a Comment