Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Taking a Break

I've decided to take some time off Crossfit to try and recover from this sore back I've been putting up with for the last month.  Saturday's workout was the last straw.  It was a 4 round combo of front squats and kettlebell swings.  I tried to modify as I still have issues with going overhead so opted for Russian kettlebell swings instead of the full where the former is swung to about eye level instead of overhead.  Unfortunately, it didn't help and I was getting a lot of pain in my back and hips.  As it was a partner workout, I spent time trying to roll out my upper glutes and back while my partner did her sets.  Finishing off with a run didn't help with the every step shooting pain across my back and down my legs.

I pity my family and work mates this week ... I'm not a happy camper if I don't train but I guess a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

2 comments:

Kek said...

I think it's a smart decision, Mish. I know missing training can make you crazy, but you could use the time to do some gentle stretching and some foam roller/tennis ball therapy.

Have you seen someone for a proper diagnosis and some prescribed treatment?

Hope it's better soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kek. I have been to the physio and luckily it's not a disc problem but rather the muscles in my back being super tight so that's a good thing. This week has been all about icing, neurofen, stretching as well as roller and ball therapy ;-)