Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Chief


This was today's workout:

“The Chief”
-
Max rounds in 3 minutes of:
3 Power cleans, 60kg/40kg
6 Push-ups
9 Squats
-
Rest 1 minute. Repeat for a total of 5 cycles. Score equals total rounds. Partial rounds count, start each round where you left off on the previous round.
 
 
I really enjoyed this workout.  I know it may sounds bizarre but my back doesn't feel too bad with the clean movement, it's more the overhead stuff that causes me grief, so I was a bit excited about the fact this workout didn't have any overhead work in it.
 
I finished with a score of 22 rounds which I was pretty happy with.  My scaling was 25 kg power cleans and I used a bench for my push ups.   It was one of those deceiving workouts that crept up on you.  My initial scaling when I read the WOD yesterday was to do 30 kg cleans and try full push ups.  I'm glad that I didn't as my score would have been much lower.
 
Overall, I felt really good about this one.  Of course I finished and thought that maybe I could have popped a little bit more on the bar but I often feel like that when I reflect back on a workout ... next time :-)

No comments: