Pages

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Why Do I Do It To Myself?

I have mentioned it before but a few weeks ago I hurt my back.  I have been putting up with it since then hoping that it would get better by itself with the (very) occasional dose of neurofen and heat packs.  Due to work and family it is difficult to find time to get it seen to and I feel guilty for having to take time off work for appointments like these as I don't feel sick.  I know it's ridiculous to put up with constant pain and so often I only get things looked at once I get to a point where I can't put up with it anymore (plus not being able to do the things I want to do in the gym).

I toddled off to physio yesterday and I'm amazed at how much better I feel after a couple of treatments.  It still hurts but it isn't constant like it was which is a good thing.  It has made me realise how little I look after myself.  I mean, I keep fit and I eat well, so I'm looking after myself in that respect but the physio mentioned just how tight my whole back is and for what I do I should get a massage more often than once in a blue moon after I have either injured myself or I'm that tight I'm in constant pain.

The goal for me is to try and get a massage once a month as a preventative measure ... I expect a lot from my body, it's time I took better care of it.

No comments: