Pages

Friday, May 03, 2013

Happy Not Getting PB's

I have noticed I have hit a plateau with my lifting.  I haven't gotten a PB for awhile and I don't have a problem with that because I know I'm laying the groundwork and they will come when my body is ready.  The thing with this back issue I'm having at the moment is that I'm trying to concentrate more on my form and keeping the weight lower.  I love that my coaches are so strict with technique and will often suggest sticking to a certain weight in favour of getting the form correct as well.  As I said, by doing this I will then have the explosiveness that is required for when I want to push harder.

We have some new toys at the box and last night we got to try them out.
We had to do a 15 min team rowing and sled regatta.  I'm still trying to figure out if I loved or hated this workout.  It was tough, my legs were screaming at me and I was worried about not being able to pull the sled fast enough (and let down the team) and rowing, well, it's rowing!  At the same time, it was loads of fun working in a team.

I also got to wear my new socks which may save my shins from some scrapes and bruises (and I reckon they are a bit cute too).

No comments: