Pages

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Saturday Morning Fun

The girls had their first CrossFit session today and absolutely loved it.  I booked them in with Nick, one of the coaches, for a one-on-one session (I guess because there are 2 of them it should be two-on-one, shouldn't it?)  I was a little worried how Moo was going to go but I was so proud of how she didn't give up.

I had my workout first but because it was a long one today the girls had started before I had finished.  They worked on some technique before getting into the workout.  It was a simple workout of running, skipping, sit ups and lunges.  Neither of my girls are fans of running (much like their mother) so I went with them just to show them the turnaround point and talk them through it.  Moo had to walk a few times but she would always start back running after catching her breath and I am so proud of her for doing that.  Missy T was on a mission which surprised me a little because she's the kid who walks the 100 m sprint at the school sports carnival.  Both girls had a blast and are keen to go again next week.  I think once netball is done they will want to join the Kids Crossfit classes for the social aspect.

I know I really enjoyed spending my Saturday morning with them doing something that we can do together for years to come.

3 comments:

Maryanne said...

FANTASTIC! Well done Moo and MIss T
Michelle, no matter what the outcome. what a great mum you are for your amazing role modelling. I LOVE doing things with my boys too. I play golf and tennis with my two boys - they love it and so do I! x
Keep up the great work - as a mum and at cross fit! x

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! What a wonderful bonding thing for you and your girls. My oldest daughter and I took yoga together. And we learned to do headstands on the very same month! My 2 oldest girls and I share all of our eating/fitness info. You're going to be like that with your daughters too. ;D

:-) Marion

Unknown said...

Thanks Maryanne and Marion :-)