Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I've Succumbed


Over the last week I've been fighting off a bug and it has finally taken a hold.  I think the late nights and long days of the last weekend lowered my immunity and despite taking a truckload of vitamins and other supplements I've succumbed to the lurgy.  Normally I would soldier on but as I've gotten older I am getting a little bit wiser and took a day off work yesterday and haven't been to CrossFit the last couple of days.  I was supposed to have a PT session today but am postponing that until I'm 100% again.  I think my workmates and gym buddies would appreciate me taking the time off too ... no need to spread the germs any further.  The good thing about being fairly healthy is that I know I'll be back to kicking butt lickety-split.

2 comments:

Magda said...

I agree completely. In my 20s I used to soldier on no matter how sick I was, sometimes teaching 4 aerobic classes in a row if I was scheduled for them. Now its tools down and feet up to rest and recover properly. With age comes wisdom :-)

Magda said...

Oh BTW get better soon

xx