Pages

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Squee!!!


Today I did a workout RXd!!!  I have done a few WODs RXd but this one involved having to lift a certain weight and often it's too heavy.  I guess when I think about it I RXd most of the Open workouts but more often than not I got quite a low score or didn't complete a round because I spent most of my time trying to lift the weight so this particular WOD is a bit special to me.

The WOD today was 5 x 5 sumo deadlift high pulls and then a 21, 15, 9 couplet of SDHPs and push ups.  I actually hit a PB for my SDHPs at 40 kg but I couldn't get 5 reps out so recorded a weight of 37.5 kg but I was pretty happy with that.  I decided last night to do the WOD RXd as I knew if I push myself I could do it.  The prescribed weight was 30 kg which is under what I normally lift and I have felt that I'm on the cusp of moving from bench pushups to full ... I figured it was now or never to step up.  Of course I regretted the decision once I was mid WOD, it was tough and I had to take a few breathers BUT I did it in 5:34.  I'm feeling a bit stoked right about now :-)

No comments: