Pages

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

What Goes Up Must Come Down

I was coming off my high from yesterday's workout, everything was peachy and I was starting to think that I was finally finding my groove with this whole CrossFit gig.  And then the 13.5 Open workout was posted ... yes, we were going to revisit that WOD.  I was hoping never to see that one again or not for a long, long time.  I have to admit I felt sick at the thought.  It was only just over a month ago that we did this one and the pain was fresh in my memory.  I thought about chucking a sickie but then I thought it might give me a chance to redeem myself because last time Sean tried to talk me into a certain scaling and I dug my heels in only to come up short.  Rule #2: The coach is always right.

The workout is so simple: 15 thrusters, 15 pull ups, AMRAP.  If you get 90 reps (3 rounds) done in 4 minutes you get to do another 4 minutes, if you can't, you stop.  Our mission today was to do the 90 reps and if we didn't we had to get on the rower for a 2 km row.

I decided to scale the hell out of it and chose to do 10 kg thrusters (which is the lightest bar) and jumping pull ups.  My final score was 86!!! I was 4 fkn reps short!!!  I was upset and cranky at myself.  I was disappointed because short of going to dumbbells I couldn't scale any further and I still didn't make the grade.  So yet again I'm picking myself up and dusting myself off.  I think that's the thing with CrossFit ... just when you think you are going alright there's a workout that knocks you on your butt and reminds you that you are nowhere near the fittest you can be but I have just enough mongrel in me to go back tomorrow and the next day and the day after that and the next time this workout comes up I know I'll get the 90 reps out and then some!

2 comments:

Liz N said...

I was reading your blog yesterday and was amazed at your Rx workout. Was a bit like that with the tri - today's workout on hill strength was terrible. It's funny how you think you have it stitched up!

Unknown said...

It stops me from getting too cocky! LOL!