Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Angie

Yet another benchmark workout today; this time Angie (and, yes, I have been singing the Rolling Stones hit 'Angie' since yesterday):

“Angie”
Partner or Riding Solo
 -
100 Pull Ups
100 Push Ups
100 Sit Ups
100 Squats

I have been taking the girls along on a Saturday as it is normally a team WOD and they often have lots of bodyweight moves and a bit of rest time.  We did Angie as a team of 3 and I try to portion it fairly evenly but I would try and do the brunt of the work.  We sailed through with a time of 15:43.  Missy T modified the pull ups to jumping pull ups with the rings as she couldn't reach the bar and Moo did jumping pull ups with the bar.  I thought it best if they did push ups with the squat rack as I want them to get good depth and form but I feel Missy T could most probably go up a scaling to knee push ups.  She is a bit of a natural CrossFitter, particularly with bodyweight stuff as she is so light ... it definitely helps being small with some things.  I love spending this time with them on a Saturday morning and I think they enjoy participating in this type of fitness as well.  Considering some of the issues we have with netball at the moment, I like having the kids in a positive environment where their efforts are celebrated rather than being sat off for most of the game because they aren't good enough (I'm  hating kids sports at the moment!)
They survived their first benchmark workout

No comments: