Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Bradshaw

Today we did the hero workout 'Bradshaw'.  It is a scary looking 10 rounder that had a few different movements:

10 Rounds for Time
-
3 HSPU
6 DeadLift 102kg
12 Pull Ups
24 Double Unders
 
We had a cut off time of 25 minutes which was doable with the right scaling.  As I'm still fighting this head cold I decided to scale right back with the following modifications:
  • floor pike instead of hand stand push ups
  • 25 kg deadlift
  • green band pull ups
I didn't make the cut off but was allowed to complete my workout as I was on my last round of double unders at the 25 minute mark.  I was pretty happy with my scaling overall but it was my double unders that slowed me down plus the fact that I had to stop to blow my nose a few times. 
 
Overall, this workout was a toughie but I felt good just chipping away at it.  I think the fact that there was a few different exercises made it easier for me mentally as I didn't fatigue as easily as I do in WODs that have only 1 or 2 exercises with bigger numbers (hello, Fran!)  I was also pretty happy with the fact that my kipping pull up is coming along nicely.  I may look like a frog in a blender but it makes doing a high number of pull ups soooooo much easier.  I also got a few good sets of double unders although I find it hard to get my rhythm at the start and finish of the WOD but I'm making some progress ... and that makes me happy :-)

2 comments:

Pip said...

Wow, well done Michelle! That 10 rounder sounds really tough! Great job on the pullups! I didn't know that all the coloured bands for the pullups had different resistance levels. I just know with the band I was given, I couldn't even move it, couldn't manage even say an 1/8th of a pullup! (I forget what colour it was, I am keen to see now if I can move the easiest pullup band, for even half of one pullup!

Unknown said...

Thanks Pip :-)