Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Eva

Another benchmark workout today.  This time it was Eva:

5 Rounds for Time
800m Run
30 Kettle Bell Swings 32kg
30 Pull Ups
 
This was going to be a big workout and it didn't make it easier when I saw one of the coaches still going as we started our warm up.  I knew I would have to modify this one and in my mind I thought 3 rounds.
 
I have been taking it a bit easier this week as I had such a big day on Sunday and I am still smarting from my crappy workout from last week.  There are some days that I don't feel like going balls to wall.
 
My scaling today was 3 rounds of 800 m run, 12 kg KB swing and I scaled right back to blue band for the pull ups.  I'm pretty happy with my choices in weights and band but I think I could have done 4 rounds.  I was concerned as I'm not a fast runner and thought it would take me too long but I think I still had something left in the tank. As I said though, I don't mind scaling back every now and then as 'active recovery'.

2 comments:

Magda said...

Hey Mich, I haven't been on blogger much lately but its been great to catch up with your latest endeavours. I love how your girls are enjoying crossfit with you :-) The people who organise school sports should take a leaf from the crossfit philosophy of support and positive encouragement!

M

Unknown said...

Yes, I can name a few netball coaches/organisers/parents who should take note of how inclusive sports like Crossfit are. I understand that netball is competitive but, really, they play for a crappy plastic trophy not a sheepstation. I can see we won't be back next year.