Pages

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Happy Days!

Today's WOD was a good one:
“Partner Wod”
-
For Time:
4 Muscle Ups (each)
7 HSPU (Each)
85 DB Snatches (Alternating Arm) 20kg/15kg
280 Double Unders
85 Thrusters 35kg / 20kg
7 HSPU (Each)
4 Muscle Ups (Each)
 
I teamed up with my usual partner-in-crime which is great because we complement each other quite well (even though she has to carry me through double unders).  Our scaling is a little different but it was the sort of workout that could cater for that.  My scaling was as follows:
  •  Muscle ups: I would have loved to have done ring pull ups and ring dips but I wasn't sure if I could get the required depth for the dips.  There aren't quite enough rings to go around so chose to do pull ups (with orange band) and full push ups.  For this option we had to do 8 of each.
  • HSPU - box pikes
  • DB snatches - 10 kg
  • Thrusters - 15 kg
I really enjoyed this workout.  I chose some harder options than I would normally which makes me feel like I'm making progress (although, as I said, I would have loved the opportunity to play on the rings).  Also, I had some good runs of double unders and even had a run of 20 at one point but had to take a break due to other 'girly' reasons (mind you, this issue has improved out of sight since starting CrossFit!)
 
Workouts like these always make me feel amazing afterwards and I have been basking in the glow of that post workout high ever since :-)


No comments: