Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hero Wednesday

Today's WOD was the hero workout, Santiago:

"Santiago"
Seven rounds for time of:
15 kg Dumbbell hang squat clean, 18 reps
18 Pull-ups
60 kg Power clean, 10 reps
10 Handstand push-ups

This is a massive workout and one that I knew scaling would be oh, so important.  My scaling was as follows:

  • DB hang squat clean - 6 kg.  I wasn't sure whether to go 6 or 8 kg but as all the weights were taken (it doesn't pay to be polite when it comes to getting the dumbbells) I had to share with another lady and 6 kg it was.
  • Pull ups - green band.
  • Power clean - 15 kg.  Like the dumbbells it was possibly a little too light as I did these unbroken each time.
  • HSPU - floor pike.  I didn't think I would have 50 odd box pikes in me.
  • Number of rounds - 5
  • Time - 22:45
We had to do this workout in waves which would have been okay except I overtook the girl in the first wave and had to wait for a spare set of dumbbells a few times.  It wasn't ideal but, really, it didn't bother me too much as it gave me a chance to catch my breath.

I really enjoyed this one and kept good pace throughout the entire WOD.  I had to break my pullups toward the end and as I fatigued I had to focus on my kip as I have this tendency to attempt strict when I'm tired.  I was also doing something wrong with my floor pike and even though Sean tried to correct me I'm still a little unsure of what I was actually doing incorrectly ... another thing for me to work on :-)

No comments: