Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm Listening

Some pics from WOD 2
I looked at Monday's WOD and it was a pretty light day of mobility and box squats or push press.  I was awake and decided to go.  I spent the rest of the day dragging my feet, I was craving sugar and caffeine ... anything to give me that instant energy boost. If one of my friends did the workouts on the weekend plus the training from last week I would have suggested that they take Monday off as a rest day, why didn't I take my own advice?

I pushed myself to train because I had taken time off while I was sick and feel like I'm going backwards while everyone else is making such great progress. (Yes, I still battle with that old comparison monster!)

Here's the thing ... we all know recovery is important.  My body was telling me that I need to rest and I wasn't listening to it (AGAIN!)  With that in mind I decided to take today off and my body is thanking me for it.  I slept in until 6 am and woke feeling refreshed and ultimately that's a lot better for me in the long run.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Your workout outfits are so much cuter than mine! And I'm glad you have these pics for your daughters.

:-) Marion

Unknown said...

Thanks Marion :-)

Liz N said...

Those are some fantastic pics Michelle - and good on you for taking some recovery. It is important, especially as we get older.

Unknown said...

Thanks Liz :-)

Sometimes I forget that I'm 41 and try to keep up with all the young 'uns ;-)