Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Shattered!

Today we did a workout from this year's Games.  It was actually the 'Hopper' from 2007 and consisted of:
For Time:
Row 1000m
then 5 Rounds:
25 Pull Ups
7 Push Jerks 62.5kg / 40kg
 
My initial thoughts were to push jerk 15 kg and I wasn't sure about my band selection but as we were short 15 kg bars I went with 20 kg and stupidly decided to push myself with my pull ups and went purple band (silly, silly girl!)
 
We went through rowing technique a few weeks ago and I decided to try it out.  I was a little slower than normal but I was more rested as I tried to use more power in my stroke and rest totally on the way back.  I think this helped me as I went into the pull ups.  These were super hard and I was breaking them up almost instantaneously.  I regretted my band option straight away.  The push jerks were pretty good and I didn't have to break them at all, in fact, I felt quite strong in them but unfortunately with only 7 of them the pull ups came around way too quickly.
 
I ended up doing 3 rounds in just over 16 minutes.  I most probably could have chucked another round in there but my pull ups were pretty ugly by the end of the 3rd round and border line no-reps.  It's funny how after each workout I always think I could have done more, I think that's what keeps me going back ... it's that need to prove to myself that I can do better.  In saying that, hanging out my sheets on the washing line was a challenge when I got home and my forearms feel like they are going to explode.  I love that feeling :-)

2 comments:

Pip said...

Great job Michelle! Sounds hard!!! I haven't encountered the push jerks yet.....something to look forward to. I love Crossfit too.....I agree with the continual wanting to go back/get more out of yourself!

Magda said...

hahaha - love the useless arms syndrome :-)

M