Pages

Saturday, September 07, 2013

I Love Crossfit!

Moo and I post workout
Yesterday's workout was low key with most of the time dedicated to stretching and mobility.  As I train 6 days a week I'm grateful for these types of days where I can work on the areas of my body that are tight.  We finished the workout with a maximum vertical jump, maximum effort 1 km run and maximum handstand walk.  I established that I can't jump very high with a vertical jump of 34 cm, I can't run very fast with a 1 km run of 5:30 and I can't even get into a handstand let alone walk.  Did I feel discouraged and down about it? No, I didn't!  Because I want to see if next time I attempt these (and I hope we do it again in the future) I improve.  I always feel like people will laugh at me because I can't do this stuff but the coaches never do.  They give me tips and they encourage.  They want me to be able to do it and because of that I feel like I can do it.  This is why I love Crossfit!

Today Missy T didn't feel like going to the Saturday morning workout (she's like that when she's hooked on a new book) so it was just Moo and I.  It was a doozy:
The CrossFit Games Regionals Qualifiers
Event #4
we are doing In Partners
(although all comp Squad ride solo)
-
 For Time:
50 Back Squats (62.5/42.5)
40 Pull Ups
30 Shoulder to Over-Head (62.5/42.5)
-
50 Front Squats (40kg/30kg
40 Pull Ups
30 Shoulder to Over-Head (40kg/30kg)
-
50 Overhead Squats (30kg/20kg)
40 Pull Ups
30 Shoulder to Over-Head
-
(25min Cut Off)
My weights were: 25 kg back squat, 20 kg front squat and 15 kg OH squat.  Moo used dumbbells for her back squat, a kettlebell as her front squat/goblet squat and the broomstick for her OH squat.  I used the orange band for pull ups and she did jumping.

I'm so proud of her and how she went in this workout ... she did so well and gave it everything she had.  She discovered what the CrossFit community is all about as we were the last to finish and she got cheered on as she did her push jerks.  Everyone was calling out her name in encouragement and she pushed through to the end.  Yet another reason why I love CrossFit.

4 comments:

PlumPetals said...

I think that's a great attitude to have. This morning I tried a tricky yoga pose. I couldn't do it very well, but I was happy I tried and I look forward to working on it to improve even more.

The support and encouragement of fellow CrossFitters is really helpful too!

I'm curious - are you/is your CrossFit box participating in the Whole Life Challenge?

Pip said...

Awesome effort Michelle and Moo! Especially well done to Moo as this is quite a long hard WOD! She did well staying focussed and keeping with it to the end. I hope she feels a great sense of satisfaction! :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! I'm sort of glad I don't immediately conquer all of my super big fitness goals--if I did--would I keep going back to the gym??? I go back to learn about myself and discover that I can keep working on long-term goals. It is the journey for sure! You and your daughters are awesome as always! :D

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies :-)