Pages

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Ssshhhh!

Don't tell anyone but I weighed in this morning.  I have been intrigued to see how my weight has been going as I haven't been 'dieting' for quite awhile now.  My weight has crept up to 54.8 kg which is almost 2.5 kg more than what I weighed after the 12wbt.

I remember the last time I was around 55 kg which was after one of my comps and I struggled with my fitness.  I remember how hard body weight exercises felt and I could barely run without almost keeling over.  I am much fitter now and I know my 55 kg has more muscle than previously.

The other thing I noticed on the weekend was that my friends were complaining how they were cold and I was walking around in jeans and a singlet.  I'm usually a bit of a frog and have been known to wear a jacket when I go out in summer but I seem to be running a little bit warmer than normal.  I was wondering if my metabolism has increased and I'm therefore generating a bit more heat than I used to.

There are times when I think I would like to see what my body composition is just to see how much muscle, if any, I've gained but then I think, meh, why bother.

2 comments:

Pip said...

You have definitely gained muscle Michelle! Lifting heavier, feeling fitter while at a heavier weight are definite tell-so signs!

Interesting what you say about feeling warmer as well! I hate cold, and love heat, (so was concerned about that with moving back to the south of NZ.) I definitely miss the heat but if training, or moving in general I seem to get around outside in short sleeves often it it reaches 13 or 14 at the moment with little wind. I can pretend! The fact that I've quit coke zero, and replace that with green tea or coffee if I don't have water has helped with that too.

PlumPetals said...

That's awesome! :)