Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Backing Up With Some Positivity.

I have been so whiney lately (I'll blame PMT) hence I have decided to back up my last post with something a little more uplifting.

  • The girls came with me to CrossFit on Saturday for a tough individual workout.  Normally Saturdays are fun team workouts and I think this was the first WOD Moo had done as an individual.  Some of our elite went off to a competition the week before and this was one of the workouts:

Event #2
Again Faster Semper Paratus Challange
-
15 Bar Muscle Ups
*(scaling option of 30 burpee chest to bar Pull Ups
25 Burpee Box Jumps 24″/20″
35 HSPU
45 Med Ball GHD sit Ups
55 KB Swings 32kg/24kg
65 KB Lunges.32kg/24kg
-
15min Cut Off.
* If you complete a full round go back to the start and proceed to accumulate extra reps.
 
The girls modified the workout with Moo doing ring rows and Missy T using the green band and neither girl doing the burpee part of the burpee pull up.  Nobody made it through the entire workout in the 15 minutes.  Missy T and I made it to the KB swings and Moo made it to the lunges.  I'm proud of how my girls went on Saturday and they both finished happy with how they went.
 
  • I have been having a couple of issues with my pullups lately and seem to have lost my groove with them.  I felt pretty good doing them on Saturday with the purple band and found the kipping motion again.
 
  • I won something on the weekend.  I was the 300th liker on a FB page for RXD Repair.  RXD Repair is a balm that can be used to assist in the healing and repair of tears and calluses much like the one's in my pic from the other day.  I also bought some magnesium spray and some of their Beast Balm (much like Tiger Balm).
 
So there we have it, life is not all doom and gloom :-)

No comments: