Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

JFDI?

This was an acronym from the 12 week challenge I did.  In case you are wondering it means Just Flipping (or substitute any other cursing F word you wish) Do It.  We talked about going into robot mode and just starting the workout and somedays you find that energy to keep going on.

JFDI was what got me out of bed while doing the challenge, despite being exhausted and aching.  Even though my hands couldn't grip the dumbbells anymore as my joints hurt continuously.

Toward the end of the challenge I hated that saying.  If anyone told me to JFDI I would use the F-word to tell them where to go.  Once I moved on from the challenge my dislike for JFDI has lessened and there are times when I still use it.

I have been tired this week and have had to push myself to the gym (yep, I pulled out the old JFDI card).  Yesterday was a strength day of box squats, floor wipers and turkish getups.  I was teamed up with a couple of newbies due to us all being shorties and needing the smallest box for the squats.  I didn't mind as I tried to focus on my squat technique rather than lifting a big weight.  It still took it out of me though and I spent the day fatigued.

Today I could have played the JFDI card.  I know that I would have enjoyed the workout once I got there ... I always do ... but I know that it's in my best interest to rest.  Last night I switched off my alarm clock and slept in until 6:15 this morning (although I was woken by Mal's alarm clock at 4 am).  The kids and I had a fairly stress free morning and we got to school and work early and I feel a whole lot better.  I'll still take the Moss-dog for his afternoon walk as I find it is a good way for me to unwind at the end of a working day.

At the end of the day, there are times that I need to JFDI and there are times when I need to not keep pushing myself and take a step back.

No comments: